The successful annual Fathers Walk 2016 was held Thursday September 22, 2016 at public, private, and charter throughout Cuyahoga County and in other Northeast Ohio counties. On this date, fathers were encouraged to to take their kids to school and throughout the school year. Fathers, uncles, grandfathers, stepfathers, foster fathers, brothers and mentors all stepped up to support the education of children in their lives. Search #NEOFathersWalk or #FathersWalk on twitter for inspirational videos and photos.
On September 22, 2016, fathers and male mentors took the following pledge and were encouraged to keep it year around:
- I am responsible for the education of my child.
- I will encourage all children to do their best every day at school.
- I will speak to my child about the value of learning and the importance of reaching your potential.
- I will help with school work and review assignments for completion.
- I will praise my child when he/she does well in school.
- I will speak with my child’s teachers and support them in educating my child.
- I will teach my child the value of education and the value of family.
- I will work with my child’s mother or guardian to achieve the best academic and social outcomes for my child even if I do not live with my child
Please plan on participating next year and help us spread the word! Promote the Fathers Walk on your social media outlets with the hashtag #NEOFathersWalk.
Do you want to register a school for Fathers Walk? Call the Cuyahoga County Fatherhood Initiative to register at 216.348.3967
Color promotional cards for the Cuyahoga County Fathers Walk, with the Fathers Walk pledge, will be available for distribution. Do you need some? Email us your request and we'll deliver them to you in August..
Fathers Walk in Cuyahoga County is brought to you by Passages, Global Parenting Network, the Cuyahoga County Fatherhood Initiative (CCFI), the Healthy Fathering Collaborative and WKYC
For more information call the CCFI at 216.348.3967 or Passages at 216.881.6776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Fathering Collaborative
P.O. Box 606194
Cleveland, OH 44106
*Email is the preferred form of contact.
Fathers Walk Across Ohio!
Fathers in Cuyahoga, Summit, and PortageCounties will all be participating on the same date this year, demonstrating support throughout Northeast Ohio for the educational success of their children and the Ohio Practitioners' Network for Fathers and Families is encouraging organizations and schools across the state to participate as well.
Similar events (also known as the Million Fathers March) will take place at 800 cities across the country this year at the beginning of the new school year.